Friday, May 7, 2010

Cheese on Toast

cheese on toast The other evening I couldn't decide what to prepare for a simple supper in front of the TV.
After a lot of debate with myself, I finally opted for cheese on toast and it was delicious

I started with my home made multigrain bread which I sliced and then toasted on one side.

Then I spread butter on the untoasted side and added a dash of French mustard

After this I added the four cheeses....  First some thin slices of Dutch Maasdammer,  next a couple of slices of my favourite Cantal entre deux, a thin slice of Brie was added before finishing with a covering of grated Emmental...  Pop under a high grill until the cheese has melted and is starting to bubble.

I was going to describe this as a light supper..... but maybe not!!!

1 comment: